Wednesday, 13 February 2013

My Easter crafts. La Belle Epoque nests and squishy hearts

So, Ive been thinking about Easter.Ive had these ideas for a while now and finally got on with making them.They are not listed yet, I think Il wait until Easter is round the corner.
First of all, some rustic, shabby chic style decorative hearts with gorgous little Victorian chicks on them.I couldnt resist.
I made the gingham pattern in the background changing pink striped images that I had to green and yellow, overlaid one on top of the other, rotated one 90 degrees and fading it so it became gingham style.Grren and yellow arnt colours i usually work with but I like them and think they are very appropriate for the event.

Next idea,birds nests in jars.
I love the whole vintage shabby look with  a hint of LA Belle Epoque, so I have intertwined a birds nest with bits of lace, button, hand stamped ribbon, printed fabric, beads, a real rose bud, bits of lametta and old diamantes to create this 'magpie' look.Inside the nests are 2 decoupaged eggs with a crackle glaze.The lids have been decorated with lace and old illustrations from a bird book.I have one in blue and silver and another in pink/purple and gold.
I hope each idea will be considered as a nice way to decorate your home this Easter.

2 comments:

  1. I love your work, they are gorgeous!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :o) Il take a good look at your blog when I can.

      Delete